Tuesday 23 September 2008

Astrological Sunday

This Sunday, 21st September 2008 was an astrological day. Felt like the Almighty, my destiny was trying to tell me something.

On the same day, one astrologically inclined man told me that i may have to compromise my dreams. And, in a matter of few hours, another told me you have an outstanding future ahead of you. All your dreams will come true and your future is just too fabulous.

i even talked with a few persons about their beliefs regarding astrology and whether they follow the predictions and 'remedies' suggested by the consultants. i heard mixed views. Extremes too. One was a staunch believer in the science of astrology and another one in the futility of it.

i got confused about my beliefs myself. i had decided that i'll never consult anybody and always do my best to have the life i want after the Me magazine experience. The story goes like this - A couple of years back, i used to read my weekly forecast in this magazine called Me published by DNA. One week, it so happened that i read some very positive things in my star sign column. Things like, i'll have success and approvals from those who matter, my views would be appreciated. So, i started getting a little overconfident. i did not put in the required efforts thinking that i am destined to be appreciated so i don't need to do my best. The forecast was more or less right. But after a few days, those half hearted endeavours backfired and i had to listen to some music.

Some other week, i read that this week would be negative. Your efforts may not get appreciated. With immediate effect, i slackened in my efforts. My enthusiasm dipped. my thinking went something like this that whatever or howmuchever i try, my work will be criticised. Later on, i realised that, had i put in some sincere, honest efforts, my work would have been good and at least, i would have the satisfaction of giving my best.

Both ways, whatever the forecast, i can surely say that, it had a negative effect on me. So, when i was asked to get my future read by somebody, i was in a state of dilemma. i did not want to know. But i am proud of myself in one respect - i still believed that my thoughts will decide how my life will be.

Though the dreams that i have been holding on to, the visualisations that have become the reason of my existence were a little jostled. my beliefs were shaken or at least questioned. Of course, no astrologer can tell you the exact events of your future life. But sometimes such talks tend to make you go back and maybe reassess your dreams. Rather reassess the reasons for wanting what you want.

i was just thinking what is driving my passions. Is it jealousy, competition, one-upmanship or vision, betterment, growth? Maybe, that is what i had to rethink. And that is what i am thinking now and putting into perspective.

i immediately arrive to this idea - one thing's for sure - my life will meet its purpose and be a life lived. Amen!

Destinies are being realised.

No comments: