Monday 2 November 2009

Talk about adventure and liberation.....

i have always had this complaint and regret with myself that i am not adventurous enough. i don't enjoy my freedom fully. My idea of adventure was - doing things that are unnatural of me. Some things that i have never tried before and essentially those that come with a feeling of liberation.

And then suddenly i realised that i've been doing and have done quite a few 'different' things.

Yesterday, i came back from my Mama's place (Wadala) at 2330 all alone in my car (haven't told my folks about it and not sure how their reaction will be like, but nevertheless....). Initially, i was scared, even negative and skeptical. What if there is nakabandi, the cops could trouble me for being alone, what if somebody mugs me. i had even locked my car from the inside. But slowly, i realised that what is happening now is an adventure.

After a few minutes of absorbing the fact, i felt so happy and 'liberated'. i put on the music and manoeuvered myself to home. There was no rush to reach home quickly, no traffic to beat, no crazy honking and no overtaking. It was not exactly like my 'so-called' notions of adventure, but again nevertheless....

And that got me thinking, actually speaking i have always had my small adventures. my life is not that boring also and without any efforts, life has thrown some pleasant adventures on me.
1. When my parents forcibly, emotionally blackmailed me to take them to some relatives' place i stayed in the car like a driver.... :)
2. i have seen 2-3 movies alone. An English play too.
3. This is too little of an adventure. i walked down on the rocks of the Worli Sea Face. Climbed down from the promenade and stayed there for a few moments. Didn't go too far.
4. Joined a group like Board Games Bash. Attend it regularly.
5. i once hit a motorcycle man while taking a wrong turn. Dealt with the police, gave my address and wrong cell phone number. Was shit scared but when it got over, i felt stronger.

That's all i can remember right now. Probably, the ones that i can't recollect aren't all that exciting after all. But with each endeavour, i feel a great sense of freedom. Something that adds to my character.

These days, i have got this immense desire to get a tattoo done. i was absolutely against it, but now things have changed. i think, for me, this will be the most liberating experience ever. A change that i cannot reverse, as this will be for life.

Looking forward to much more and much bigger....

No comments: